Tuesday, November 1, 2011

BabyDoll Makeup Look


The BabyDoll!
This year I wanted to do something really different and unique for my Halloween look.  I contemplated so many ideas, from a comic book character to a vampire, but as Halloween got closer I finally decided.  I had seen so many tutorials, pictures and variations of this look that inspired me, so I just had to try a babydoll look for myself.  I didn't have a whole lot of time to create this look (I am talking less than an hour) so looking back there are a couple things I would have done differently, but for the most part I was really happy with how it came out and I really loved all the reactions I got.  Here are a few fun pictures and a few tips to go along.
I started with concealing all shadows on my face (around the noise, under the eyes) as well as my lips.  I then used a foundation a few shades lighter than my usual.  
I took a white eye liner pencil and colored in below my eye and tried to conceal my real bottom eye lashes by coloring my tear line white as well.  I then outlined what I colored with black liquid eye liner.  I did my top eye liner normal and added huge false eyelashes to the top and bottom where I had my black outline to give the illusion of a huge baby doll eye.
For my eye shadow I covered the whole eye with a shimmery neutral then I did a very defined shadow line a little above the actual crease and blended out.  I used a deep pink lip liner to redefine a puckered lip and filled in with a plum lip stain to ensure it wasn't coming off.  
I finished with a pronounced round rosy cheek and heavy highlighting under the eye, down the noise, basically everywhere to give my face a porcelain look. If I would have had more time, I think I would have hiden my eyebrows and drawn them in higher to make the eye look even bigger.  I would have also contoured the face a bit more to give a more dramatic look and played around with the eyes a bit more too.  Anyway, all in all I really enjoyed creating the look and I really liked how it came out.  <3

1 comment: