Monday, October 17, 2011

ARK Wedding Day

We started getting ready around 10 a.m. Saturday morning.  All together I did 12.5 faces:
  • 1 Bride
  • 8 Bridesmaids
  • 2 Mothers (Bride's and Groom's)
  • 1 Speaker
  • Touch ups on Other Important People

The day before the wedding my Mom gave me my birthday present early, a DinAir Airbrush Makeup set!  I was so excited to try it out on Amanda's big day.  Since I hadn't gotten to practice with it much, I didn't airbrush Amanda, but I did airbrush a couple of the bridesmaids as well as myself.  It works wonderfully and I can not wait for my next chance to use it, which will be November 5th, for Janna Huneycutt's (soon to be Walker) big day.

Here is just a quick highlight of the makeup involvement of the wedding;


She was the most beautiful bride!  I loved being a part of her day, both being in her wedding and doing the faces of the women she loves most!

So my tips for today:

How to Choose Makeup Colors for your Wedding Day:

  1. Keep your makeup in tune with the theme of your wedding. If your wedding is outdoors, keep makeup natural. If your wedding is very formal and traditional, wear classic makeup like black eyeliner and red lipstick. 
  2. Think about the season of your wedding. Wear golds and bronzes in the summer, rust and natural tones for autumn, deep tones for winter and pastels for spring.
  3. Reflect your personality. You should look special on your wedding day, but not different. If you are romantic at heart, wear purple or plum shades. If you are light-hearted and fun natured, wear pinks and peaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment